I listen to podcasts frequently, especially when I am traveling or commuting back and forth to work. Since I joined a business school as Associate Dean, my listening habits have changed somewhat. Here are my current top picks:
1. Fresh Air with Terry Gross. I have been listening to this show for decades now and it's still hands down my favorite radio program of all time. I've also learned a great deal from Terry about the art of interviewing people.
2. NPR TED Radio Hour. A synthesis of recent TED talks with a thematic focus and additional interviews with speakers.
3. Freakonomics Radio. A fun take on current issues from economists' perspectives.
4. BBC Documentaries. In-depth radio show covering local interest stories with high production value.
5. Business Daily. A recent favorite, with interesting angles on business issues today.
6. HBR Ideacast. Interviews with authors of business-related books, a good source for recent literature on leadership, management, teamwork, etc.
7. World Weekly with Gideon Rachman. A decent summary of global news from different world regions or countries.
I'm always looking for new podcasts to get into, so I welcome your recommendations!